6.13.2011

Tortuguero

I am still waiting on some pictures from the weekend before this last one, so I will update about this weekend first :) We went to Tortuguero, a wetland you can only reach by airplane or boat (we did boat) home to an immense amount of plant and wildlife. Tortuguero is a nesting ground for endangered sea turtles and for this reason, conservationalists and biologists take a huge interest in the area. We did three tours: one by boat at 6am, one by foot in the afternoon, and one at night on the beach to look for turtles nesting, which turned out to be unfruitful :( However, we did get to see two different kinds of vipers, several monkeys, crocodiles, iguanas, a tucan, several species of birds, several types of butterflies, a sloth, giant grasshoppers, and several types of lizards. I really wanted to see a jaguar but didn't get to but I guess it's for the better. I didn't get to see a manatee either but I did get to see the grass they ate. Oh, and a spider monkey peed on me. I got a million bug bites, not exaggerating, but I got to take a lot of some of my favorite pictures so far, therefore here is a big photo post-- tried to pick just a few, have so many more!

Vale la pena de las picaduras,
Nicole






Mama & baby













No comments:

Post a Comment